Safe Ride Foundation Turns 5 Years Old!
As 2020 rages on. The Safe Ride Foundation is proud to announce that it is officially celebrating 5 fantastic years of service to the Frederick County Community!
Time flies, doesn’t it!? …and in the past 5 years we’ve been proud to have accomplished some pretty amazing things in our area, here are some of the highlights!
- We launched the SOS Safe Ride program in 2016 after the community came together to help us raise the necessary resources and funding to make it happen.
- Since it’s inception, the program has completed nearly 14,000 rides home in Frederick County to intoxicated citizens!
- We gained the support of the nearly 80 alcohol-serving establishments from Frederick, to Thurmont, to Mt Airy and so much more.
- We’ve held three amazing installments of the Over the Limit Comedy Fest, featuring performances by Myq Kaplan, Maria Bamford, and Matt Braunger.
- We’ve partnered with over 40 globally and locally renowned brands every year to collaborate with our anti-drunk driving mission.
- We’ve given over 8,000 breathalyzer tests to intoxicated citizens with the Pump Your Brakes Booth program
- In 2018 we established the Safe Ride Foundation Angel Fund for drunk driving victim relief, raising over $6,000 for families affected by drunk driving since it’s creation.
- In 2019 we created the “Steered Straight” Program for drunk driver rehabilitation, helping drunk driving offenders atone for their mistakes in an effective way.
- And finally, we were the proud winners of the Frederick County Impact Club Award in 2019, making headlines throughout the region while being awarded a grant for $30,000 to further our programs!
In addition to all of these great things, the thing we’re most proud of is the fact that we’ve helped to start a trend of safety in our area.
We all know that we shouldn’t drink and drive, we hope no one is oblivious to that.
However, it still happens every day, and reckless decisions are still made in that state of intoxication. Our goal is to be the last line of defense between a bar-goer and a DUI or worse; and that doesn’t start with a ride service, it starts with a mindset.
We’ve always been lucky, but that’s because we have a support system in all of you; and as we often say, you guys help us to create our OWN luck. So thank you all for your support over the last 5 years, it’s truly been an honor and a blessing to serve this community, and on behalf of the Safe Ride Foundation, we love and appreciate everything you did to help us get here.
Stay safe, make a plan, and we’ll see you very soon.
-The Safe Ride Foundation.