There’s an old quote we often cite:
“Go into the world and do well, but more importantly, go into the world and do good. Create a change, and moreover, simply become the change.”
Our Mission and Story
“The Safe Ride Foundation is one of Maryland’s leading organizations taking a stance against driving while intoxicated. Our mission is to implement and replicate programs that will not only provide our public with the education on the dangers of intoxicated driving, but also a faithful and reliable alternative to those dangers, and a haven of support for victims as well as the families of victims.
The Safe Ride Foundation, otherwise known as S.O.S. Safe Ride is a non-profit organization based in the bustling city of Frederick, Maryland.
We are adults who, just like you, enjoy having a great time out. However we also take immense pride in making responsible decisions when doing so. This includes both during and after a night out. Our organization was founded by individuals who grew up in this area, who understand its people, its culture, and its social indulgence habits. We believe that every organization must define four things for itself and others in order to truly be successful: its Mission, its Dream, its Vision, and its Purpose. Below we have outlined each of these, in an attempt for the public to truly understand what we’re aiming to accomplish with The Safe Ride Foundation.
To implement and replicate programs that will provide our public with the education on the dangers of drunk driving, a faithful and reliable alternative to those dangers, and a haven of support for victims as well as the families of victims.
To shift the drinking culture in our area and parts beyond to reflect a higher sense of accountability and responsibility as it pertains to driving while intoxicated.
To effectively create the “Uber” of designated driving with a charitable infrastructure.
To ensure that every single intoxicated bar patron in our area arrives home safely, and not behind the wheel of a vehicle.
Some of the facts and statistics:
- U.S. Law Enforcement, specifically in the state of Maryland is working towards a Zero Tolerance policy of alcoholic driving.
- Almost Half of all drivers killed in crashes tested positive for alcohol in their system.
- Over 1.2 Million drivers were arrested in 2014 for driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Males are 8% more likely to drive drunk than Females.
- The Rate of Drunk Driving is highest amongst 21 to 25 Year olds.
- Drunk Driving is 6 times more likely at night than it is during the day.
- DUI Conviction can lead to many detrimental consequences including: $5,000-$10,000 in legal fees, Loss of License, Mandatory AA Meetings, Jail Time, Increased Insurance Premiums, Etc.